Friday 15 May 2015

Release Day Excitement

So today is kind of an exciting day for me because Fourth to Run has been released in to the world.

I have to admit that I find publication days quite stressful, mainly because I panic about what people will think of my new book, especially when it's part of a series like Fourth to Run is. Readers have expectations about the characters and what they hope to happen.

But beyond the stress it is bittersweet to sort of bid a book farewell. Because it is no longer just mine, it belongs to everyone who reads it now.

With Fourth to Run I took everything that had been building up in the first three Avalon books and let it all just explode together. I've loved following Aiden's evolving journey from big city lawyer to his small town struggles. He is definitely a flawed character but I hope that his desire to do good will always redeem him in the eye of the reader.

Thankfully the first review to come in for Fourth to Run has been awesome and I couldn't be happier.

And if a book release wasn't enough to make this Friday fabulous, tickets have just gone on sale for an event I'm attending in Leeds next March. So if you've ever fancied meeting me in person make sure you grab a ticket. I'd love to meet anyone who can make it!

Have a great weekend!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment