Thursday 15 May 2014

The End

I've spent the better part of the last two months writing my latest book which is a psychological thriller with a working title of Azriel's Princess. I anticipate it will be a long time until the book is released as I've got several other releases lined up throughout the year.

But I just can't stop writing. I absolutely love immersing myself in the worlds I create in my books. I also can't stop working until I've finished a story else I feel bad for leaving my characters in limbo, waiting for their resolution.

I'm already planning my next book which will be a YA story set in rural Wales during the 1920s. Whenever I write something that isn't contemporary or fantasy I have to conduct a lot of research prior to starting to write the book. Small details like what a character says or wears can have a big impact on creating the overall feel of a period set story.

So over the next few weeks I'll be visiting Wales, making an horrific amount of notes and preparing my next book. I'll also have some very exciting news to share with everyone soon regarding a YA release coming in Autumn this year (or rather Fall depending where you are).

This weekend I'm taking time away from my writing for a much needed break to clear my head, enjoy the sunshine and possibly even venture out to the cinema!

As much as I adore locking myself away and writing you do so at the expense of your connection with the real world. I've disappeared off everyone's radar for a bit so it will be nice to resurface, albeit briefly, before I'm lost in another book.

So whilst it is The End of one book, it is just the beginning for another!

Have a lovely weekend everyone

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm jealous. I'd love to go back to Wales. Make sure you visit the coast. There is a charming old tourist town, Tenby, once known as the Little England Beyond Wales. It has an old fashioned carnival and was very popular in the 20's. It's a must see if you're story is in that era. Lots of charming bed and breakfasts in the town. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to make sure to visit Tenby when I'm in Wales sounds like a lovely place x

      Delete